Foreign Language OE Modules
- OE modules are optional, free and have no impact on your Grade Point Average.
- OE modules are not General Studies Modules - the former does not replace the latter.
- For each language, a total of 180 module hours are planned to spread across 4 semesters.
- There are no prerequisites for OE1 foreign language modules (Click here for the synopsis of the OE1 modules). To advance to the subsequent levels, however, a student must have pass in the previous module (in compliance with the module prerequisite), and a GPA of 2.0 or above.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete the four levels, although it is not compulsory.
- Successul completion of all the four levels will enable you to sit for an external examination (if you choose to do so) in the respective language:
- French: Diplome d'etudes en langue française A1
- German: Start Deutsch A1
- Japanese: Japanese Language Proficiency Test N5
- Korean: Test of Proficiency in Korean Level 1
If you pass the exam, you will be awarded an internationally recognised certificate!